This page contains content that is not a part of the official canon.
This page, or parts of it, is likely considered non-canon because it contains information only relevant to Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter (Wii) or Drawn to Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition, however a detailed reason was not provided. Non-fanon content on this page that is not in reference to any of the aforementioned games or may be considered canon.
This article may contain major plot spoilers that threaten to ruin elements of the story!
Giant Scribble Monster
The Boss is the first of two bosses in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter (Wii). They are created by Circi from Wilfre's Bad Ink, and guards Wilfre's Journal and the Pen and Pencil. They are fought in the heart of Shadow City, in Wilfre's Lair.
The Boss is a giant, shadow monster with two eyes, a mouth, and two extendable arms. It also has a long, pointed tongue that is connected to either the Boss' Breakfast, Boss' Lunch, or Boss' Dinner, depending on which phase of the fight it is in.
Boss is first created by Circi when she restarts the Ink Factory in Shadow City. She collects the ink and puts it in a wooden basin. She steals Wilfre's Journal and places it upon the roof of the basin. When the Hero collects the journal, the basin will begin to leak ink, causing a wave of Shadow to flood the arena, spawning Boss.
During the fight, Boss will extend its arms out from under the rising shadow, aiming at a predetermined point in the room. After retracting its arm, Boss will stick out his tongue, which is connected to either Boss' Breakfast, Boss' Lunch, or Boss' Dinner, depending on the phase of the fight.
After the Hero attacks the meal a certain number of times, Boss roars and retreats to the Shadow below it, causing the Shadow to rise further. This strategy repeats two more times, and after the Hero attacks the Boss' Dinner, Boss will sink into the shadow, defeated, leaving the Hero to collect the Pen and Pencil.
- As revealed in a package from Ken Capelli, Boss was designed by Concept Artist Winona Nelson.
- In an unused line of dialogue, it is revealed that Boss was a creation made by Circi, although Jowee presumes its creator to be Wilfre.
- Although it appears to be a sprite based character like the Hero, Boss is a 3D modeled character.
- It is not fully modeled on it's backside, as the player is never meant to see the back of Boss in-game.
- In the final phase of the fight, Boss switches sides of the arena occasionally. During this phase, there are actually two Boss models stored under the Shadow, and they are called to the scene when needed.
- If the player looks carefully, they can see the top of each model clipping through the top of the shadow.
Boss as seen in a Beta Map Icon for Wilfre's Lair.