|Last Known Status||Alive|
After being rescued from Deadwood and being returned to the village, Samuel tells the Hero, The Mayor, Mari, and Jowee that to stop the Darkness, Wilfre must be defeated. Before The Hero advances into the fourth Gate, Samuel tells The Hero that in order to advance they will need aid from Kaorin Berries, as they will temporarily allow The Hero to become giant and traverse the city regions.
In Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, Samuel may optionally be rescued from Watersong, where he is hiding from the sun under an umbrella in Symphonic Falls. Once rescued, he will reside in the Creation Hall on Turtle Rock.
Samuel is a private, secluded individual who never shows his face, rarely attends village events, and rarely speaks unless first spoken to. Because of this, not much is known about him or his past. Nevertheless, he is shown to be very helpful and wise as his advice and knowledge often helps those around him, especially the Hero.
Samuel is an adult male Raposa. He wears a long robe which obstructs view of his fur and face. His robe is brown with silver or grey trimmings at the edges. The front of the hood has a silver or grey design of a large eye or dotted triangle along the center. A thick line of the same color follows from the center of the design to the back of his hood, ending again in a circle or triangle.
- After being rescued from Symphonic Falls, Samuel will always face the right in order to thank The Hero, even if The Hero is to the left of him.
- This can occur to any rescuable Raposa who can be talked to from the side opposite to their location's entrance. It is therefore a bug.
- On the Spanish version of Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter he is named Galileo instead of Samuel. Oddly enough, Galileo is the only named Raposa (that is not a generic Raposa character) not to appear in The Next Chapter.
- Aditionally, in the The Next Chapter beta, it was Galileo who went to Watersong instead of Samuel.
- Other Raposa, particularly NavyJ and Indee, seem confused by some of Samuel's sayings or proverbs.
- Samuel seems to be aware of many events before they occur.
- Samuel does not seem to like the sun as evident by his quotes about the beach and his location in the forest section of the village.
- He bears similarity to a character in Lock's Quest.
- He is one of the few Raposa to not have his idle sprite replaced in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter.
- Unlike most characters, Samuel's location changes depending on where you are in the story.
- Before the final battle, he stands near the Epic Statue.
- He is one of the few Raposa not to make an reappearance in Drawn to Life: Two Realms, most likely due to his resemblance to Wilfre's appearance in that game.
Samuel hiding from the sun in Symphonic Falls.