|Last Known Status
Unagi is a security agent that appears in all three canon games in the Drawn to Life Series. His largest role is in the original Drawn to Life, where he is assigned to protect the Mayor near the end of the game. In the following games he has a more minor roles, being taken captive by Wilfre in the Galactic Jungle in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter and squabbling with Pirate Beard and Indee about an expedition in Drawn to Life: Two Realms.
Unagi is a yellow-furred, adult Raposa, sporting a black suit and sunglasses. He is always seen with a black cell phone and black briefcase.
Drawn to Life
Unagi and his assistants are saved by the Hero in Windy Hills. When they return to the village and check in with the Mayor he attempts to take over Cricket's roles. When the Mayor is found dead, he is one of the first to be at his side. The Mayor's death seems to affect him deeply, and after the game is completed he guards the Village Entrance, vowing to protect Mari, Mayor's daughter and the new mayor, with his life.
Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
Unagi is one of the villagers to be kidnaped by Wilfre at the beginning of the game, being taken to Galactic Jungle with Cricket and Zsasha. After watching Cricket chase Zsasha, he is arrested by a S.P.U.D. for conversing on his cell phone without filling out form 515-C in triplicate.
Drawn to Life: Two Realms
Four years later, Unagi and Indee are told that they could not use Pirate Beard's ship, and the three resolved to simply waste the day away with excessive sleeping and eating. Mari asks the Hero to help fix their laziness, so using the Book of Imagination, the Hero reinvigorates Unagi. At the end of the game, the three of them set sail on an adventure.
Unagi's Imagination Battle in Drawn to Life: Two Realms is named Fortress of Solidude. It is the thirteenth story level in the game, has three segments, and requires the player to have earned 11 stars. After Aly is possessed by Shadow, Mike rejects the Hero, who returns to Rapoville and is sent around the village to help some lazy villagers. Unagi and Indee are told that they could not use Pirate Beard's ship, and the Hero decides to help him.
Cave of Wonders
- Unagi's name means eel in Japanese.
- Unagi's name could be a reference to the Friends episode "The One with Unagi", where Ross confuses unagi with "a state of total awareness".
- His character could also be a parody of Men in Black.
- He is almost always seen talking on a cell phone.
- This is true even in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, where most of the villagers are given a proper idle animation.
- At one point in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter, Unagi's dialog misspells the word "surveillance" as "surveilance".
- Unagi is one of the few returning characters to not have any dialogue during cutscenes in Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter.
- According to himself, he once escaped a laser death trap.
- He has planned an "Operation Delta" to execute in case the Hero needs backup.
- After completing Galactic Jungle's story but before sailing to Wilfre's Wasteland, Unagi remarks the the current threat level was Banya green.